segunda-feira, maio 17, 2010

back to the high performance agenda...

well, at least, back to what it should have been made real on a continuous basis! sometimes we simply can't avoid lemons. so, to make use of a typical Brazilian expression, if you can't avoid lemons, it's time to plan for a 'caipirinha' - or a lemon juice if you are not keen to alcoholic drinks.. ;-)

... back to my studies of German. This time adopting a different approach, which in my case has proven effective when studying other languages in the past: as much immersion as one can get being out of Germany. In practical terms: podcasting, daily news (spoken in a more paced manner) and a radio course by Deutsche Welle. It's working so far...

... deep diving into the piano studies. I've just decided to abandon the idea of sticking to a particular method and also took challenges around the modern repertoire. So, I'll be having the russian Kabalevsky's for a while (Quinze Piezas para Niños, Op. 27, Libro I). Actually, my overall piano performance has improved a lot since I decided to go for an incremental approach, meaning that you always allocate some time to play the pieces you already have in your repertoire.

... and back to a focused fitness training, including running conditioning. By the way, I've just registered for the Chicago's Nike Human Race on Jun 28th - which means, rush to be in perfect condition to have a great play there!

sounds like a great lemon juice. I'm in! :)

Nenhum comentário: